Instrumentalists and Singers of All Ages are Needed
Our Lady of Perpetual Help places great importance on music. We believe that a church music program includes music that helps worshippers come closer to God. It encourages the assembly to sing because they are moved by what they hear. It inspires people to serve God through music, sharing their time and talent. The Music Ministry is a positive, supportive environment that encourages learning and growth, and it promises to be a lot of fun as well! Most of all, the program’s focus is on being vehicles for the love of God through our voices and instruments.
Adult Festival Choir
- Sings at the 9:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday (and sometimes other Masses) until the first week of June and also sings for holidays and special occasions. All singers are welcome.
- Rehearses on Tuesday evenings from 7:45-9:15 p.m. in the Church.
11:00 a.m. Mass Ensemble
- Sings at the 11:00 a.m. Mass throughout the year.
- All singers are welcome and instrumentalists are encouraged to audition.
- The singers rehearse Tuesdays from 7:45-9:15 p.m. in the music office. Instrumentalists rehearse prior to the Mass or as needed.
Teen/Young Adult Ensemble
- Sings approximately once a month usually on the first Sunday at the 6:00 p.m. Mass, and for Christmas, Easter and other special occasions, until early June.
- Students grade 8 through young adult are welcome.
- No audition required for singers. Instrumentalists are encouraged to audition.
- Rehearses on Tuesdays from 6:45-7:30 p.m.
- Sings once a month, usually at the 9:30 a.m. Mass from early October through Mother’s Day. They also sing at the Christmas Eve 3:00 p.m. Mass, and on Easter.
- 1st thru 7th grade children are welcome.
- Rehearses on Tuesdays from 5:45-6:30 p.m.
- Cantors are auditioned from the choir and are then trained.
- Scheduled to sing for 1-3 Masses a month depending upon the church’s need and the cantor’s availability.
- A Schola Cantorum made up of our cantors sings periodically at the Saturday 5:00 p.m. Mass and the Sunday 6:00 p.m. Mass.
Join us any time is a great time to volunteer and join one of our music groups. You are welcome to just show up to one of our rehearsals.