The decision to enter into the relationship of married life is a serious one, and serves as a wonderful sign of hope and strength to our faith community. While the decision to marry is reached only after much discussion and prayerful thought, it is but the first step in the process of building a successful marriage.
At Our Lady of Perpetual Help, we offer a wealth of assistance, encouragement, and talent to help in preparing for the celebration of weddings. Every wedding ceremony is a unique event, and all final details are settled only after meeting with the OLPH Parish staff.
Facts About Weddings at OLPH
- Weddings at OLPH are held only on Saturdays at 1:00 pm or 3:00 pm. We regret that we cannot accommodate requests for weddings at other dates and times.
- The Archdiocese of Chicago and OLPH require at least six months advance notification for a wedding. Please do not make additional wedding-related plans until you have confirmed the date and time of the ceremony at OLPH.
- OLPH requires that at least one of the couple be a registered parishioner, or that a parent or grandparent of either bride or groom be a registered parishioner.
- Couples are required to attend PreCana (marriage preparation) classes. OLPH offers its own PreCana program. The Archdiocese of Chicago also offers marriage prep classes.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time during Covid, Pre-Cana classes are being handled virtually through the Archdiocese of Chicago website. Here is the direct link: https://pvm.archchicago.org/lifelong-formation/marriage-and-family-ministries/getting-married
- The suggested wedding offering is $1,050 and includes the required services of the Parish Director of Music; a $100 deposit is required at the time of booking the wedding date.