Ministers of Care bring Holy Communion to parishioners who are homebound, living in nursing homes, or in the hospital.
Small Steps to Celebrate Earth Day
Earth Day is a great opportunity to reflect on how you can be part of Pope Francis’ call to care for our common home. There are so many big problems, it can be overwhelming, but Incorporating small steps into your life can build the momentum for change. If there’s only one thing you can do this week, it could be:
- Give up plastic and paper bags - opt for reusable bags
- Reduce your consumption of fast food and highly processed food
- Stop unwanted junk mail
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
- Reduce or stop using bottled water
- Replace home light fixtures with LED or CFL bulbs
- Walk, bik*e, or use public transit if possible
Try incorporating a new habit into your life in celebration of Earth Day
*Bike to Worship
Please join the Glenview Clergy Association in this community-wide event and bike, or walk, to your house of worship on the weekend of May 18-20.
Creation Care Ministry