Day of Reflection and Fasting for Our Church
The present crisis in our Church has caused many to question their faith as well as the leadership of the Church. We are saddened at the suffering of the victims, for as the body of Christ, when one of us is hurting, we are all hurting. At this time, we must look to Our Lord to strengthen us and give us the grace to heal.
On Friday, October 5, we will hold a Day of Reflection and Fasting for Our Church. Let’s come together to fast and pray that God will heal our wounds, that Jesus will give us humility and compassion, and that the Holy Spirit will bless us with the wisdom and the strength to rebuild our Church.
Order of Service:
- 6:30 am Mass in Lady Chapel
Liturgy of the Hours begins
- 8:10 am Morning Prayer in Church
- 8:30 am Mass in Church
- 9:00 am Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, First Friday Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and
- the Holy Rosary at the High Altar
- 12:00 pm Midday Prayer & Silent Holy Hour
- 3:00 pm Afternoon Prayer & Divine Mercy Holy Hour (Chaplet of Divine Mercy and Stations of the Cross)
- 7:00 pm Vespers and Benediction
Fasting on October 5, is a way to express our dependence on God, but it is not required. You may choose to eat one full meal and two smaller meals and/or abstain from meat.