Don't miss the finest Friday of the summer: OLPH Mens Club GOLPH Outing 2018
Parent Effectiveness Training
A Skills Course For Parents
Do you want to be a better parent to your children?
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) is a course designed to teach you the philosophy and communication skills needed to improve and enhance the quality of your relationships with your children.
In P.E.T., you will learn to:
- Help your children solve their own problems
- Confront your children’s unacceptable behavior
- Resolve conflicts between you and your children
- Listen so your child will feel understood
- Communicate clearly so your children will understand you
- Establish family rules everyone in your family will follow
- Resolve conflicts so nobody loses
- Parent with a philosophy that is neither permissive nor authoritarian
- Become the person your children confide in when they encounter worries or difficulties
Parent Effectiveness Training also explores these important parent/child relationship skills:
- Understanding relationships with children
- Learning to help your child
- Communicating to meet your needs
- Resolving conflicts
- Preventing problems
- Handling values collisions
Through OLPH more than 3,500 individuals have benefited from the skills they have learned in these classes.