Saturday, September 14, 2019Centennial Jubilee Mass & Celebration with Cardinal Blase Cupich 5:00 pm Holy Mass in Church
Sharing Ministry Meeting
Francis Room, Lafayette Bldg. (OLPH Campus)
Please join the Sharing Ministry for two powerful presentations regarding:
1. The Ignatian Spirituality Project-offering men and women who are homeless and in recovery from addiction the opportunity to change their lives, and
2. Catholic Charities' New Hope Apartments Program-ending homelessness one family at a time
Thomas Drexler, the Executive Director of the Ignatian Spirituality Project
Catholic Charities' Latisha Wright, MSW, and New Hope Apartments Mom, Audrey
Ignatian Spirtuality Project has a Five-Fold Approach
1. Offers retreats inspired by Ignatian Spirituality to those who are homeless and seeking recovery.
2. Forms teams with men and women who are homeless, in order to conduct Ignatian retreats, offer witness, and provide spiritual companionship.
3. Reaches out to new cities to build and from retreat teams to offer our programs.
4. Seeks to further our established national network of dedicated volunteers to respond to the spiritual needs of those who are homeless.
5. Collaborates with communities and agencies working to end the injustice of homelessness.
Catholic Charities' New Hope Apartments Program
For 13 years Catholic Charities North Region has worked with OLPH, St. Catherine Laboure and St. Philip the Apostle to extend the reach of its transformative New Hope Apartments Program.
During those years, Catholic Charities' ministry and collaboration with our three parishes alone has lifted 18 families and 70 persons out of poverty and into lives of independence and dignity.
In addition, thanks to our collaboration, the North Region's New Hope Program has within the past few weeks housed another homeless family.
They were in a desperate situation after much hardship and a foreclosure deprived this grandmother and her 17 year old grandson of their home. Charities will report on this new family soon.
Please join us to enjoy short presentations on the power of these wonderful programs, and to thank their champions.